I followed Hsawwan’s thread from beginning and installed successfully in few hours.
Hardware & Software Specifications:
- Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GHz
- 3GB of RAM
- 160 GB Hard Drive + 80 GB External hard drive
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2
- Not able to ping my machine either using domain name or IP address. After couple of hour’s investigation, found it was because of enabled Norton Internet Security. I disabled it and followed the installation steps.
- Installation System check failed when I entered UNIX Toolkit base path of cygwin. It should include bin directory as well. Eg C:/cygwin/bin. Whereas for VC++ we should not include bin, it should be upto VC base path.
- As I had only 160 GB HDD, used external HDD. Modified the DB data file path to use my external HDD for Archive, Log. Make sure to keep all system related files in internal HDD to improve the performance.
Installation took around 3 hours and 30 min to see login screen. Performance is very good so far.Ref: http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=494790&tstart=0